Did you know that golf has over 450 million fans and is the 10th most popular sport in the world? This game was once just a fun pastime played by shepherds in Scotland, where they would hit rocks using sticks when taking a break. Now golf has become an elite game that has strict dress codes and advanced golf equipment. There are many rules regarding what you can and can’t wear on a golf course in Australia, and if you are a beginner, you should follow the below rules to understand what clothes to wear when playing golf:
What To WearAbout 3 million children and 13 million adults participate in some kind of sport. The main benefits of playing sports in Australia are that it keeps you physically fit and provides mental health benefits as you feel like you are a part of a community. While playing these sports, you must follow the proper clothing guidelines to help you play the game better and keep a standard dress code. For instance, golf has a strict dress code when it comes to the game, such as:
ShirtsYou should wear a shirt with a collar when playing golf, and if you want to wear a proper golf shirt, it will be longer than a polo shirt which you can tuck into your pants. This will help you keep your shirt intact even when you take long upswings and downswings. You should also wear a white shirt with short sleeves so that the long sleeves do not interfere with your swing.
- T-shirts or jerseys
- No big banners
- No foul language
PantsYou should wear loose pants made of either cotton, khaki, linen or wool. Women can wear short skirts or skorts that are shorts that are designed like skirts. The ideal colours you should wear are khaki, grey, cream, beige and tan.
- White pants
- Long skirts
- Gym shorts
- Short shorts
- Draw-string shorts
- Three-quarter length shorts
- Flip flops
- Steel or spiked metal shoes
- Backward caps
- No caps when you play in a golf clubhouse
- If the forecast is for rain, you should come prepared and wear water-resistant pants and shirts.
- If you are playing in cold climate conditions, it is a good idea to pair your collared shirts with a sweater, windbreaker and a jacket or fleece vest.
- If you are wearing gloves, it is better to wear them on one hand. For instance, if you are left-handed, you should wear a firm grip rubber glove on your right hand and vice-versa if you are right-handed.
- If you are wearing socks, you should wear white sports socks.